Monday, June 2, 2008

Perfect ASP.NET application, Part 0

This is going to be a several posts from my own collections of .NET wisdoms/code. I came up with them on trying to perfect my ASP.NET skills.

I wanted to post them long time ago. Once, i actually even made an attempt to post them on codeproject.com, but their 'spam' team rejected them. Still not sure why, but seeing how codeproject became a collection of useless articles about how to write a program to calculate 2 + 2 ( and usually their programs would get a 5 as a result) i suspect that their 'spam' team simply did not understand what those articles about. 

But I would let you decide yourself if my posts useful or not. Some of my posts only beginners will find interesting and experienced programmers will think of as obvious. But hopefully even experienced programmers will like some of my ideas.

Please let me know your thoughts about them as I am very interested what you have to say.

Note: Most of my member variables in classes are declared as public for simplicity. But you can do it as you wish and create get/set property for each variable.

Note: I am using Hungarian notation. I know that .NET people not using it anymore but i am programming for more than 15 years and kind of get used it and do not want to abandon it. I find that i "read" code more easily if it's using Hungarian notation.

PS: Hungarian notation was actually one of the reason why codeproject's 'SPAM team did not like it. I do not understand why it matters....

 

Continue >>

No comments: